This script takes origin from the Gimp-chat topic KDE4/Aero Blur Effect.
The main and simple purpose of this script is:
- Let the user perform his/her selection(s) (if not, a default selection is applied by the script)
- Create on the remaining part of the image a glass effect, with different glass aspects
- Leave selection(s) untouched, so that they look like through “holes” in the glass
- This new version (1.1) does not require layerfx.py (functionality embedded, thanks to Graechan)
- Requires G’MIC | Support Thread on GIMP Chat
Logo Toolbox V2.3 uses various fill types, beveling methods, stroking techniques and extrusion effects to facilitate fast & easy logo creation. It supports Text Logo creation and Alpha to Logo Selection for any image. Questions and comments can be posted to this site or to the Official Support Thread on GIMP Chat.
Due to the number of input items on the Create Logo dialog, installation of the Script-Fu Scrolling Interface Modification is recommended for those with lower resolution displays..
Plastic or Glass creates a Plastic or glass image with optional backgrounds and various settings. The File contains 2 options: a Logo and an Alpha option. The Logo script creates text, and the Alpha script works on a selection or transparent background.
Glass Effect Text V1.4 script creates glass effect text of any color, as well as Alpha to Logo selection. It’s based on the tutorial by Ron Scott located here.
You control the opacity of the glass and have full control over the shadow layer.
You can also choose to display the glass text with or without a patterned background.